When it comes to the safety of your family, you can never be too careful. One of the most popular ways of keeping your home and family safe is to install a security system. Are these systems worth all the hype though, or are they just another advertising gimmick by companies to sell their product? The truth is that security systems do help homes stay more safe than homes without. Here are five reasons you should consider a security system.
- Peace of Mind. Whether you are home alone or just going to sleep at night, turning on the alarm can give you peace of mind that if someone were to try and break into your home, the authorities will be notified quickly. Having security cameras that show who is on your porch can also help you know if you want to answer the door when someone comes to call too.
- Neighborhood Protection. Neighborhoods are kept a lot safer when most or all of the homes have a security system. With security cameras outside of homes, potential criminals notice and stay away. If all of your neighborhood seems to have them too, they know this is a safe neighborhood and leave. Even if there are a few homes without, thieves are going to assume that they have one too.
- Linking Other Detectors. Many security systems now offer services beyond someone breaking in through a door or window. They link carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to the system so that they can call the authorities if they detect anything amiss. This could save your life in a variety of ways, but especially with tricky instances of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Lower Insurance Rates. Since your home is more protected with a security system in place, home insurance rates are generally lower. If they don't have to fill as many claims for these homes, they can relax on the monthly premiums.
- Medical and Emergency Buttons. Another benefit that many home security companies are installing on their systems is a medical emergency or general emergency button. In times of emergency, you can push one of these special buttons and the appropriate authorities are called immediately. This helps in situations where calling 911 just might not be an option.
Security systems do so much more than just sound an alarm when someone breaches the walls of your home. Now they are designed to give you a variety of protection in a variety of ways. Talk to experts like Calgary Triton Security for more information.